August 2016 S M T W T F S « May 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Can rainbows really be signs from God? (poll included at the end)
- Homily for August 22, 2011, Memorial of the Queenship of Mary
- Homily for October 7, Our Lady of the Rosary
- Homily for Thursday, Sept. 8, 2011, Nativity of Mary, “Mother of Grace” celebration
- World Origami Days - day 2: Dollar bill Teddy bear
- 5 Tips for Living Advent
- Homily for July 25, 2011, Feast of St James, Apostle
- St. Thomas Aquinas on the existence of Santa?
- Review: the Temeraire series, by Naomi Novik
- A comforting message of forgiveness
Category Archives: video
I’m hanging out in the rectory today on my day off, planning on listening to some music and podcasts and doing some origami! But first, I watched this fun little short film I saw on Short of the Week: I … Continue reading
The Fleet Foxes are my favorite band right now. Most people have never heard of them; some people who I have introduced to their music, find the lyrics too cryptic or depressing. True, some of their lyrics are obscure, but … Continue reading
Friends of mine were involved in the organization and video production. Good job!
I just found out about this TED talk video. Robert Lang, the speaker, is not just an origami genius: he’s also a really nice person, very approachable and unassuming despite his near-rock-star status in the origami world. At the past … Continue reading
Currently my favorite band in this genre. I have yet to talk with anyone else who knows who they are before I mention them…
But still not as fun as Candlelight.
OK, I’ve only ever heard three or four Hanukkah songs, but still, this is great, two years after it went viral. Happy Hanukkah to my Jewish friends!