July 2017 S M T W T F S « May 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Homily for July 25, 2011, Feast of St James, Apostle
- Can rainbows really be signs from God? (poll included at the end)
- Moving day approaches... quickly!
- Pray for Paris... or not? Can prayer help?
- Reflections on the Liturgy - blog recommendation
- The Deaconess Drama: Waiting for the Pope
- World Origami Days - day 2: Dollar bill Teddy bear
- Homily for August 22, 2011, Memorial of the Queenship of Mary
- Homilycast #98: VI Sunday after Pentecost (1962 Missal) - homily for July 24
- Homily for October 7, Our Lady of the Rosary
Category Archives: video
I’m hanging out in the rectory today on my day off, planning on listening to some music and podcasts and doing some origami! But first, I watched this fun little short film I saw on Short of the Week: I … Continue reading
The Fleet Foxes are my favorite band right now. Most people have never heard of them; some people who I have introduced to their music, find the lyrics too cryptic or depressing. True, some of their lyrics are obscure, but … Continue reading
Friends of mine were involved in the organization and video production. Good job!
I just found out about this TED talk video. Robert Lang, the speaker, is not just an origami genius: he’s also a really nice person, very approachable and unassuming despite his near-rock-star status in the origami world. At the past … Continue reading
Currently my favorite band in this genre. I have yet to talk with anyone else who knows who they are before I mention them…
But still not as fun as Candlelight.
OK, I’ve only ever heard three or four Hanukkah songs, but still, this is great, two years after it went viral. Happy Hanukkah to my Jewish friends!