Top Posts & Pages
- An Advent playlist
- The Deaconess Drama: Waiting for the Pope
- Reflections on the Liturgy - blog recommendation
- Pray for Paris... or not? Can prayer help?
- It's election time! Can either party claim Jesus would be on their side?
- 5 Tips for Living Advent
- A quick thought about Mariology
- Movie review: Interstellar
- Life lessons I need to keep remembering...
- God is Good (and so is vacation)!
Daily Archives: October 4, 2012
The pastor of Holy Family Parish (where I serve) – Fr. John Kiley – called a parish meeting for last Monday, Oct. 1. The meeting included a two-part talk by Fr. Kiley, a period of feedback from the parishioners, … Continue reading
Homilycast #269: October 4, Memorial of St. Francis, Thursday of the XXVI week in Ordinary time, year II
Here is my homily for today, recorded during the 9:00AM Mass at St. Joachim’s in Rockport. You can hear all of my “homilycasts” by copying this URL: https://advenus.wordpress.com/category/podcast-2/feed/ and adding it to your favorite podcast client software. For instance, in … Continue reading
Originally posted on Biltrix:
Giotto — Saint Francis receiving the Stigmata I am a worm, not a man. — Psalm 22:6 Everyone loves Saint Francis. Catholics, non-Catholics, non-Christians… It doesn’t matter. You don’t need to be a Franciscan to have…