I finished adjusting and uploading my photos of “Greasy Pole, The Musical”, a show currently on it’s last weekend in “The Annie” theater this year. It’s a fiction, but inspired in facts and real stories about the annual Greasy Pole competition, held during the St. Peter’s Fiesta. The show is fun and well-done. Although the story is fictional, it includes tidbits of true stories. For instance, it was interesting to learn the origin of the costumes and drag worn by some of the men who walk the pole (the names are changed for the stage, but the basic idea is true).
Top Posts & Pages
- Can rainbows really be signs from God? (poll included at the end)
- Homily for August 22, 2011, Memorial of the Queenship of Mary
- NPR, bias, and an insight on gay "marriage"
- Jesus turns no one away who comes to Him with faith
- Homily for Thursday, Sept. 8, 2011, Nativity of Mary, “Mother of Grace” celebration
- Homily for October 7, Our Lady of the Rosary
- Homily for November 6, XXXII Sunday in Ordinary Time year A