This is one of a series of murals that remain in the stairwells to the parish hall under St. Ann’s Church (Holy Family Parish). I am told that there used to be more murals, but some have been removed (and maybe some painted over, I don’t know). The ones that remain are in lamentably poor condition, but they are still fascinating, as they portray historical events, people, and boats of Gloucester. I’ll post a few more photos of these murals over the next few days. If anyone can identify themselves or family members (or their boats) in these paintings, please speak out!
Top Posts & Pages
- Homily for August 22, 2011, Memorial of the Queenship of Mary
- Can rainbows really be signs from God? (poll included at the end)
- Photos of Gloucester
- If rainbows are signs then... am I at an intersection?
- Homily for October 7, Our Lady of the Rosary
- Christ's teaching is controversial - but true
- Homily for August 7, 2011 - God is closer to us than we are to ourselves
- Homily for November 27, I Sunday of Advent, cycle B
- Homily for December 23, Friday of the IV week of Advent
- Homily for Feb. 2, Feast of the Presentation of the Lord