This is one of a series of murals that remain in the stairwells to the parish hall under St. Ann’s Church (Holy Family Parish). I am told that there used to be more murals, but some have been removed (and maybe some painted over, I don’t know). The ones that remain are in lamentably poor condition, but they are still fascinating, as they portray historical events, people, and boats of Gloucester. I’ll post a few more photos of these murals over the next few days. If anyone can identify themselves or family members (or their boats) in these paintings, please speak out!
Top Posts & Pages
- Can rainbows really be signs from God? (poll included at the end)
- Homily for July 25, 2011, Feast of St James, Apostle
- Homily for February 26, I Sunday of Lent, year B
- Baptism, sin, and the wedding feast
- Homily for Thursday, Sept. 8, 2011, Nativity of Mary, “Mother of Grace” celebration
- Homily for November 27, I Sunday of Advent, cycle B