My musical tastes are a bit eclectic and sometimes esoteric. One of the kinds of genres I enjoy is barbershop and other contemporary a capella music. A great podcast that I used to listen to is American A Capella. They played a mixture of styles, all of it well chosen and with informative commentaries by the hosts, Mike Maino and Jamie Jones. It disappeared for about a year, apparently due (at least in part) to the lack of a sponsor to provide funding.
Fortunately, I never deleted the podcast from iTunes on my computer, in the hope that it might someday return. My patience has been rewarded! A new episode suddenly appeared the other day. The podcast is back “on the air”, and from what I can tell, it is now going to be a two-hour show released on the last Sunday of each month. I look forward to it!
Top Posts & Pages
- Can rainbows really be signs from God? (poll included at the end)
- Homily for October 28, Feast of Sts. Simon and Jude, Apostles and Martyrs
- Homily for February 19, VII Sunday of OT, yearHomily for February 19, VII Sunday of OT, year B
- Judgment belongs to God alone
- Homily for August 7, 2011 - God is closer to us than we are to ourselves
- Christ's teaching is controversial - but true
- NPR, bias, and an insight on gay "marriage"
- Temptation, then and now
- Lessons from the Holy Family
- Homily for Feb. 2, Feast of the Presentation of the Lord