My musical tastes are a bit eclectic and sometimes esoteric. One of the kinds of genres I enjoy is barbershop and other contemporary a capella music. A great podcast that I used to listen to is American A Capella. They played a mixture of styles, all of it well chosen and with informative commentaries by the hosts, Mike Maino and Jamie Jones. It disappeared for about a year, apparently due (at least in part) to the lack of a sponsor to provide funding.
Fortunately, I never deleted the podcast from iTunes on my computer, in the hope that it might someday return. My patience has been rewarded! A new episode suddenly appeared the other day. The podcast is back “on the air”, and from what I can tell, it is now going to be a two-hour show released on the last Sunday of each month. I look forward to it!
Top Posts & Pages
- Can rainbows really be signs from God? (poll included at the end)
- Homily for November 27, I Sunday of Advent, cycle B
- Homilycast #226: June 15, Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
- 5 Tips for Living Advent
- One of Fleet Foxes' more upbeat songs
- World Origami Days - day 2: Dollar bill Teddy bear
- Homily for October 23, World Mission Sunday - XXX Sunday in Ordinary Time year A
- Homily for August 7, 2011 - God is closer to us than we are to ourselves
- Homily for the II Sunday of Easter, Divine Mercy Sunday, year B-II
- Homily for August 22, 2011, Memorial of the Queenship of Mary