My musical tastes are a bit eclectic and sometimes esoteric. One of the kinds of genres I enjoy is barbershop and other contemporary a capella music. A great podcast that I used to listen to is American A Capella. They played a mixture of styles, all of it well chosen and with informative commentaries by the hosts, Mike Maino and Jamie Jones. It disappeared for about a year, apparently due (at least in part) to the lack of a sponsor to provide funding.
Fortunately, I never deleted the podcast from iTunes on my computer, in the hope that it might someday return. My patience has been rewarded! A new episode suddenly appeared the other day. The podcast is back “on the air”, and from what I can tell, it is now going to be a two-hour show released on the last Sunday of each month. I look forward to it!
Top Posts & Pages
- Can rainbows really be signs from God? (poll included at the end)
- Opening our hearts and minds to others
- Thoughts for Holy Saturday
- Homilia em português para 21 de agosto de 2011, XXI Domingo em Tempo Ordinário, ciclo A
- World Origami Days! - day 1
- Homily for October 28, Feast of Sts. Simon and Jude, Apostles and Martyrs
- Homily for January 1, 2012 - Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God
- St. Joseph's Table blessing - photos
- Judgment belongs to God alone
- Homily for September 11, 2011, XXIV Sunday of Ordinary Time, year A