My musical tastes are a bit eclectic and sometimes esoteric. One of the kinds of genres I enjoy is barbershop and other contemporary a capella music. A great podcast that I used to listen to is American A Capella. They played a mixture of styles, all of it well chosen and with informative commentaries by the hosts, Mike Maino and Jamie Jones. It disappeared for about a year, apparently due (at least in part) to the lack of a sponsor to provide funding.
Fortunately, I never deleted the podcast from iTunes on my computer, in the hope that it might someday return. My patience has been rewarded! A new episode suddenly appeared the other day. The podcast is back “on the air”, and from what I can tell, it is now going to be a two-hour show released on the last Sunday of each month. I look forward to it!
Top Posts & Pages
- Homily for July 25, 2011, Feast of St James, Apostle
- Can rainbows really be signs from God? (poll included at the end)
- Review: the Temeraire series, by Naomi Novik
- Pray for Paris... or not? Can prayer help?
- Reflections on the Liturgy - blog recommendation
- The Deaconess Drama: Waiting for the Pope
- About me and this blog
- God, the Just Judge (Homily for July 17, Extraordinary Form of the Latin Rite)
- Moving day approaches... quickly!
- Homily for October 7, Our Lady of the Rosary