I’m a perfectionist, and I am not particularly comfortable giving homilies off the cuff, without typing them out first. Today, I didn’t have much of a choice; I was sick yesterday and wasn’t up to preparing my homily for today. So, today’s homily was mostly improvised. It’s OK, but there is some hemming and hawing that I usually manage to avoid. Here it is, as a podcast (recorded during Mass), for what it’s worth:
Top Posts & Pages
- Homily for July 25, 2011, Feast of St James, Apostle
- Can rainbows really be signs from God? (poll included at the end)
- Review: the Temeraire series, by Naomi Novik
- Pray for Paris... or not? Can prayer help?
- Reflections on the Liturgy - blog recommendation
- The Deaconess Drama: Waiting for the Pope
- About me and this blog
- God, the Just Judge (Homily for July 17, Extraordinary Form of the Latin Rite)
- Moving day approaches... quickly!
- Homily for October 7, Our Lady of the Rosary