August 2014 S M T W T F S « Mar 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Can rainbows really be signs from God? (poll included at the end)
- Way of the Cross, in downloadable audio format
- Praying for the Legion of Christ's General Chapter
- Homily for August 22, 2011, Memorial of the Queenship of Mary
- Review: the Temeraire series, by Naomi Novik
- Images of the Eucharist - homily for July 31, 2011
- Christ's teaching is controversial - but true
- Homily for October 7, Our Lady of the Rosary
- Book Review - The Lost Hero, by Rick Riordan
- Homilycast #344: Feast of St. Matthias
Tag Archives: origami
Origami red socks designed and folded by me (one square each), in celebration of our World Series champions!!! The sock design is a no brainer, really. The challenge would be to make both socks out of one sheet of … Continue reading
Designed and folded by me, although both designs (yes, there are two, with slightly different results in the details) are so simple someone else may have documented them first!
Designed and folded by me. Halloween is just around the corner!
Designed and folded by me.
Designed and folded by me. Happy World Origami Days!
It’s been a while since my readers have heard from me, and I’ll explain that more in a later post. For now, let’s start to celebrate World Origami Days! This origami event goes from Oct. 24 (the birthday of Lillian … Continue reading
As previously announced, I will be teaching an origami class at the Hive tonight. I can tailor the content to the interests and needs of those present. We can do some nautically themed origami, including a variety of boats, and maybe … Continue reading
I just found out about this TED talk video. Robert Lang, the speaker, is not just an origami genius: he’s also a really nice person, very approachable and unassuming despite his near-rock-star status in the origami world. At the past … Continue reading
Tomorrow after morning Mass, I am heading off to Manhattan for the annual Origami USA convention! I am really looking forward to it – there is nothing quite like being in a crowd of origami enthusiasts of all ages! I … Continue reading
They are using dollar bill origami on the cover of Time Magazine! Very simple, but effective. Unfortunately, the article it illustrates has nothing to do with origami. They seem to have completely missed the fact that we just celebrated yesterday … Continue reading