August 2014 S M T W T F S « Mar 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Can rainbows really be signs from God? (poll included at the end)
- Homily for August 22, 2011, Memorial of the Queenship of Mary
- Homily for August 21, XXI Sunday in Ordinary Time, cycle A
- About me and this blog
- Homily for October 23, World Mission Sunday - XXX Sunday in Ordinary Time year A
- One of Fleet Foxes' more upbeat songs
- Glowing Rocks and Dazzling Minerals
- Homily for October 28, Feast of Sts. Simon and Jude, Apostles and Martyrs
- Homilycast #328: Thursday of the IV week of Lent - Habemus Papam!
- Homily for October 7, Our Lady of the Rosary
Category Archives: Traveling
Watkins Glen state park, in upstate New York. I am still going through my backlog of unprocessed photos; this one is from the summer of 2010 (like the other one I posted a day or two ago). It is a … Continue reading
It’s been almost exactly a year since I arrived to Newburgh on July 14, 2010, to start working at St Patrick’s Parish and Our Lady of the Lake. It’s been an exciting year! After 19 years living in the community … Continue reading
Today I’ll be leaving for a much-needed vacation in Ireland, where I’ll be staying with a friend, enjoying the lovely Irish countryside, and visiting other friends too. During my absence I will have very limited access to the internet, so … Continue reading
Here are few more photos, continuing my post from this morning.
I almost forgot completely about last Friday’s weekly photo challenge… This photo is from my Ireland trip last year.
I had another nice vacation day today, visiting a friend in Boston whom I haven’t seen in ten years. We used to go to museums and historical sites together in Rome, and today we picked up where we left off … Continue reading
After a rather busy winter, I’m taking a week of much-needed vacation. No, I’m not going to Florida, or California, or anywhere else with warm weather and tourist attractions; I am spending the week with my parents in Connecticut, and … Continue reading
Crucifixion Originally uploaded by mehjg Here is another of my photos of the beautiful center of the Franciscans of the Atonement in Graymoor (Garrison, NY). See my Flickr photostream for more… (clicking on the photo will take you there)
If you live near or ever drive through the city of Waterbury, Connecticut, give yourself a treat and visit the Basilica of the Immaculate Conception. It’s quite near Rte. 84 so it’s easy to swing by on your way through … Continue reading
Is God trying to tell me something with meteorological phenomena? I report, you decide. Continue reading